Thursday, August 22, 2013

Rainy Thursday

Warmup

-Roll out
-In place

Workout

-Empty Trap Bar DL 6x10
W/
-Empty Bar Hang Clean to Deep Front Squat 6x4
W/
-Beam Touches 6x3 each arm

Roll out


The rainy day put me in a circuit type mood.  I've always said that I have nothing against crossfit, I do however disagree with high rep Olympic lifts which sometimes are a part of their workouts.  Olympic lifts are hard enough to do with the right technique, when you take a power exercise and make it an endurance exercise I see nothing but achy joints being hammered on and  poor technique due to fatigue.  A perfect recipe for injury.  Nonetheless, I made modifications and created my own crossfit type circuit with more joint friendly movements.  Light weight, full body exercises, manageable set/reps, good technique, minimal rest time, lots of sweat.  A nice little workout for a rainy day...

No comments:

Post a Comment