Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Time to start blogging again!

Hey there!

I decided to take you on a journey and start blogging again!  It'll mostly be my training log, but I'll try to entertain you along the way as well.  I'll try to be consistent, no promises of course.  Without further ado...

Tuesday, August 20th, 2013:

Warmup

Rolled out on myo ball, golf ball for feet
Dynamic
In-place
(for further details on this entire warm-up, ask!)

The Workout

-Clean complex-3x3 (empty bar, 25's, 35's) w/low to high chops 8,7,6 each way
-Clean combo (5,3,5,3,5)
Pull 225x5
Clean 225x3
Pull 275x5
Clean 225x3
Pull 295x5

-Squat 4x5 w/band hip work 2x10 standing (band around ankles), 2x10 sitting (band around knees)
315x5
335x5
365x5
405x5

-Good Morning 3x8 w/Shoulder Complex 3x10 each (Y,T,W)
-Finished with rolling out on myo ball again and golf ball for feet

Felt good to go heavier on clean and squat today.  I've been hesitant since I started training in the garage but all went well.  There's just something about seeing and squatting a stack of 45 lb. plates on each end of the bar that helps you understand what being a manly man is all about.  As if training in a true garage gym isn't enough to prove your manhood, it's nice to be able to say you've squatted 400 pounds in your own home.  The neighbors give weird looks sometimes, but at least they know what they're getting in to should they set foot on my property.  That may be a good or bad thing, either way, I train the way I do for many reasons, none of them involve impressing the neighbors...  Off day tomorrow, back to the gym on Thursday.  See ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment